Hortau Grower Support Job Description
Hortau Inc. (hortau.com) manufactures and markets advanced irrigation management systems. Those system include sensors, wireless communication devices and a web-based (or cloud) application. Our systems use patented soil sensing technologies to measure real plant needs for optimum irrigation management. Hortau’s systems are sold to fruits, nuts and vegetable growers throughout North America.
Hortau is currently seeking a Grower Support Representative to join our growing sales and technical support team in California. The Grower Support Representative will deliver technical product information and training to customers, consultants and crop advisors. This position requires excellent communication skills and must be able to present technical concepts to a diverse audience.
Responsibilities will include:
– Provide direct agronomic support to customers to enhance their experience with our system
– To be the first point of contact for sales team members who are dealing with agronomic issues
– Sell new equipment to both existing and new customers
– MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN AGRICULTURE
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to present technical information to a diverse audience
– Demonstrated knowledge of agricultural production practices especially fruits, nuts and vegetable productions
– Attention to detail; able to multitask
– Strong computer skills
– B.Sc in Agronomy, Crop Science, with good understanding of crop and soil management (irrigation, fertilization, salinity) or closely related field from an accredited institution
– Bi-lingual in Spanish and English
– 3+ years of experience in Agronomy or related field
– Experience making technical presentations
– Sales experience
For more information and current openings, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title you are interested in noted in the body of the email.