Job Title: Sales Development Representative
Reports To: Marketing Director
Status: Exempt, Full-time
Accountable for cold calling prospects, and generating and qualifying leads for outside sales team to help generate sales of Hortau’s precision irrigation management platform. Will be required to meet weekly/month targets set by marketing/sales teams. Should be self sufficient in daily/weekly/monthly planning, and a self starter in terms of day to day activities. Some event marketing and campaign management will be required. Will have opportunity to grow with fast-growing company and help establish best practices within the department. Position is full-time and based at Hortau’s San Luis Obispo, CA, office. Agriculture experience a plus but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contact prospects from internal customer relationship management system.
- Find and generate sales leads and meetings for outside sales.
- Generate and manage prospects via electronic communications, phone calls, traditional mail, events and through third-party organizations or memberships.
- Use leads to create clients by explaining the benefits of Hortau’s irrigation management service
- Maintain extensive knowledge of the irrigation management service, platform and the science behind the technology, in order to answer basic questions about the platform.
- Actively guide clients in understanding the effectiveness of measuring plant stress.
- Provide online training or high level overview to clients on how to use our web based software.
- Provide direction on real time irrigation questions.
- Report all new leads, clients, issues, requests, and other pertinent information in scheduling platform; Salesforce
- Communicate with potential customers via Salesforce platform and email marketing platform.
- Meet and exceed customer expectations through excellent communication using mobile devices, computers, and other means of communication.
- Schedule meetings with prospective clients and existing clients, taking into consideration travel times and overnight accommodations for outside sales team.
- Report all eligible, work-related expenses bi-weekly.
- Meet all required sales/marketing targets on a monthly basis.
To apply or for more information and current openings, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title you are interested in noted in the body of the email.